If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.
What I Offer
Work With Me
I am a qualified Occupational Therapist (B Occ Ther UP 1998), who evolved into a Creative Arts Therapist and Life Coach.
I have a passion for using any creative expression to facilitate personal development and change.
During the last 12 years I have worked in various fields using art and creativity in different settings. In private practice; individual therapy and coaching; group work at a Rehabilitation Clinic for substance dependance; as well as training other Professionals to incorporate the creative arts in therapy.
I Co-founded and developed an expressive arts therapy initiative where I facilitated more than 60 two – day workshops nationwide, (2009 to 2015), introducing the concepts, principles and mechanisms of expressive arts therapy. (CPD accredited by the HPCSA and SACSSP; (“Explore creative self”).
My intention is to enable individuals to connect with their true essence, integrate emotions (body) and experiences (mind); envision their dreams and incorporate neuro-science to build new habits and ways of being.
Some of the courses I attended related to my practice and Arts Therapy
- One year Foundation course in Art Therapy by the Art therapy Center, JHB (ATC) 2002.
- 10 day Leadership Through Art course facilitated by 3 International Art Therapists from the Netherlands: Studio Collective, 2009.
- 10 day Communicating Through Art course: The Art Therapy Centre (ATC), 2007.
- 5 day Person Centered Expressive Arts Therapy, presented by Natalie Rogers, Dublin, Ireland 2009.
- Individual Art Therapy supervision with Hayley Berman, (Director of the Art Therapy Centre, Johannesburg) from May 2006 till November2016.
- Registered MARI (Mandala Assessment Research Instrument) practitioner (2013).
- Various Other courses in Group work: 3 day intensive on group Therapy (OT GROW 2015), 5 day Introduction to Psychodrama (International trainers; 2015) and 5 Day Conscious Living (International Art and Music Therapy facilitators 2014).
- Certified Results Systems Coach (RCS: Neuro-Leadership Insituste; 2015.
- OT GROW: Projective Techniques 3 day workshop (2017) and Moving Beyond 3 day workshop (2019) with Louise Fouché
- Imago Africa: Couples workshop with Hedy Schleifer (2017)
- Imago Africa: Advanced Ecounter-centred Couples Therapy (EcCT) Training for Therapist (5 days with Sue Wintgens; 2018
How I work
I believe in experiential learning and the things that I have personally experienced to enable me to connect with my inner core and how I want to live my life are represented by these words:
Courage, Create, Connect
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
I assist my clients to find the courage to connect and find inspiration to overcome their fears, to trust and follow their heart, intuition and process.
Courage is one of the key elements in personal development and can be addressed through the use of the arts and creativity.
The canvas becomes the metaphor of life and one can test (and exercise) the boundaries of one’s courage through expression.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh the thinks you van think up if only you try!”
At the HeART of everything is the need of all humans to express themselves in a creative way.
I empower my clients to become aware of their specific blocks to creativity to re-ignite the joy of creativity and spontaneity: To re-learn to focus on the process, rather than a specific product/outcome.
Creativity enables us to open new doorways to self awareness, personal insight and change.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
My objective is to assist individuals and groups in the present moment to integrate and connect with their true authenticity and inner core, to facilitate growth and empower transformation!
I work with Individuals, Groups and as Facilitator in Training/experiencing the Creative Arts.
“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
Results Coaching System™ is accredited by the International Coach Federation, and acknowledged as one of the coaching world’s most respected and intensive training experiences.
Coaching for me is a process where the focus is on finding solutions by understanding the neuro-science of the brain. It incorporates the ability to find new insights when the brain is in a positive and “towards” state: distant from emotions, thoughts and limiting patterns.
We are then enabled to understand our own maps and become motivated to cultivate new patterns and habits of being.
Coaching celebrates a commitment to a process of goal setting and working with a coach to enable us to stretch ourselves to higher levels of living/achievement.
A Coaching engagement consists of 12 consecutive (60-90 minute), sessions over 3-6 months, either through personal contact or via Zoom/telephone.
During the first session I will assist you in setting 3 inspiring Goals for your current life situation. The consecutive sessions will help you in forming the strategies to help outline the plan to reach your goals.
Coaching is self-directed: you discover your own answers with my guidance.
As a coach I rely on my strong intuition and creative side to help my clients gain their own insights.
Creative Arts Therapy
In the creative art therapies, the art form (i.e. drawing, sculpting, poetry, movement, visualization, voice work, music and sounding), is used as a therapeutic tool to enable clients to effect change and growth. The client and therapist move freely between the art forms to enable awareness and insight.
The art form provides an alternative form of communication and expression in a therapeutic relationship.
I encourage clients to reflect on their lives and themselves in different ways, and access insight/resources for confronting life’s challenges in a safe, non-judgemental space.
- Therapy using art and expression as medium to change and Grow
- MARI assessment sessions: 90 minute sessions using colour and symbols to gain insight into current life circumstances.
- The MARI (Mandala Assessment Research Instrument) is a powerful tool using colour and symbol to make the preconscious visible. It is a very unique, visual and creative tool, which is used in combination with a variety of therapies Coaching and art therapy (see website www.MARI-SA.co.za for more info).
- Interactive group work on topics such as change, new beginnings, trauma and endings: utilising the creative arts to enhance transformation and growth.
- Relationship intervention within families and the workplace: facilitating a process for better understanding each other and how we impact one another. To aim towards establishing a connection and optimal relational communication.
- Create 2 Change workshop using the arts and expression.
- A 2 day experiential workshop in small groups of 9 -12 participants to explore different creative art mediums for personal and professional development (CPD accreditation with HPCSA – Occupational Therapy: 14 CPD’s, pending )
This experiential workshop will enable participants to explore the properties and potential of the creative arts (art-making, voice and sound-work, creative writing/journaling and movement) in personal and professional settings.
The combination of exercises are interwoven to deepen the sensory experience in a non-judgmental space.
No art experience needed just a willingness to “unlearn”!
Contact : (+27) 84 803 8904
Email : email@example.com