If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.
What I Offer
Work With Me
I am a qualified Occupational Therapist (B Occ Ther UP 1998), who evolved into a Creative Arts Therapist and Life Coach.
I have a passion for using any creative expression to facilitate personal development and change.
During the last 8 years I have worked in various fields using art and creativity in different settings: ranging from private practice (individual therapy and groupwork; group work in a Rehabilitation
Clinic for substance abuse, as well as training and facilitation).
I Co-founded and developed an expressive arts therapy initiative where I facilitated more than more than 60 two – day workshops nationwide, from 2009 to 2015, introducing the concepts, principles and mechanisms of expressive arts therapy. (CPD accredited by the HPCSA and SACSSP; (“Explore creative self”).
I am inspired by creating an unconditional athmosphere for others to connect and reclaim their own authentic creativity.
Some of the course I attended related to my practice and Arts Therapy
- One year Foundation course in Art Therapy by the Art therapy Center, JHB (ATC) 2002.
- 10 day Leadership Through Art course facilitated by 3 International Art Therapists from the Netherlands: Studio Collective, 2009.
- 10 day Communicating Through Art course: The Art Therapy Centre (ATC), 2007.
- 5 day Person Centered Expressive Arts Therapy, presented by Natalie Rogers, Dublin, Ireland 2009.
- Art Therapy individual supervision with Hayley Berman, Johannesburg from May 2006 till present.
- Registered MARI (Mandala assessment research instrument) practitioner (2013).
- Various Other courses in Group work: 3 days intensive on group Therapy (OTGROW 2015), 5 day Introduction to Psychodrama (International trainers; 2015) and 5 Day Conscious Living (International art and Music Therapy facilitators 2014).
- Became accredited as a Certified Results Systems coach in 2015.
How I work
I believe in experiential learning and the things that I have personally experienced to enable me to connect with my inner core and how I want to live my life are represented by these words:
Courage, Create, Connect
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.”
I assist my clients to find the courage to connect and find inspiration to overcome their fears, to trust and follow the heart, intuition and process.
Courage is one of the key elements in personal development and can be addressed through the use of the arts and creativity.
The canvas becomes the metaphor of life and one can test (and exercise) the boundaries of one’s courage through expression.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh the thinks you van think up if only you try!”
At the HeART of everything is the need of all humans to express themselves in a creative way.
I empower my clients to become aware of their specific blocks to creativity to re-ignite the joy of creativity and spontaneity: To re-learn to focus on the process, rather than a specific product/outcome.
Creativity enables us to open new doorways to self awareness, personal insight and change.
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
My objective is to assist individuals in the present moment to integrate and connect with their true authenticity and inner core, to facilitate growth and empower transformation!
I work with Individuals, Groups and as Facilitator in Training/experiencing the Creative Arts.
“Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.”
Results Coaching System™ is accredited by the International Coach Federation, and acknowledged as one of the coaching world’s most respected and intensive training experiences.
Coaching for me is a process where the focus is on finding solutions by understanding the neuro-science of the brain. It incorporates the ability to find new insights when the brain is in a postivie and “towards” state: distant from emotions, thoughts and limiting patterns.
We are then enabled to understand our own maps and become motivated to cultivate new patterns and habits of being.
Coaching celebrates a commitment to a process of goal setting and working with a coach to enable us to stretch ourselves to higher levels of living/achievement.
A Coaching engagement consists of 12 consequtive (60-90 minute), sessions over 3-6 months, either through personal contact or via skype/telephone.
During the first session I will assist you in setting 3 inspiring Goals for your current life situation. The consequtive sessions will help you in forming the strategies to help outline the plan to reach your goals.
Coaching is self-directed: you discover your own answers with my guidance.
As a coach I rely on my strong intuition and creative side to help my clients gain their own insights.
Creative Arts Therapy
In the creative art therapies, the art form (i.e. drawing, sculpting, poetry, movement, visualization, voice work, music and sounding), is used as a therapeutic tool to enable clients to effect change and growth. The client and therapist move freely between the art forms to enable awareness and insight.
The art form provides an alternative form of communication and expression in a therapeutic relationship.
I encourage clients to reflect on their lives and themselves in different ways, and access insight/resources for confronting life’s challenges in a safe, non-judgemental space.
- Therapy using art and expression as medium to change and Grow
- MARI assessment sessions: 90 minute sessions using colour and symbols to gain insight into current life circumstances.
- The MARI (Mandala Assessment Research Instrument) is a powerful tool using colour and symbol to make the preconscious visible. It is a very unique, visual and creative tool, which is used in combination with a variety of therapies Coaching and art therapy (see website www.MARI-SA.co.za for more info).
- Divorce recovery groups and sessions: small groups of 4-6 individuals going through a process of recovering and reconnecting to one’s identity without the “other” (partner).
- Interactive group work on topics such as change, new beginnings, trauma and endings: utilising the creative arts to enhance transformation and growth.
- Create 2 Change workshop using the arts and expression.
- A 2 day experiential workshop in small groups of 9 -12 participants to explore different creative art mediums for personal and professional development (CPD accreditation with HPCSA – Occupational Therapy: 14 CPD’s, pending )
This experiential workshop will enable participants to explore the properties and potential of the creative arts (art-making, voice and sound-work, creative writing/journaling and movement) in personal and professional settings.
The combination of exercises are interwoven to deepen the sensory experience in a non-judgmental space.
No art experience needed just a willingness to “unlearn”!
Make contact or find out more
Contact : (+27) 84 803 8904
Email : email@example.com